When using BigTime’s configurable dashboards feature, you may wind up needing more than one dashboard so each team has their own dashboard view. Your firm’s priorities may also change, meaning you could wind up needing to edit certain dashboards or delete them entirely. Here’s a breakdown of how you can add new dashboards in the first place, as well as how to edit or delete an existing dashboard.
Add a Dashboard
Adding a new dashboard to your BigTime account is simple. First, navigate to your dashboards page and follow the instructions below.
1. At the top of your page, you’ll see a main toolbar with a tab labeled +ADD NEW. Click on that tab.
2. A new window will appear where you can customize your dashboard. You can enter a name for your dashboard in the text box at the top of the window. You’ll also see a list of all your security groups – checking boxes next to certain ones will grant those groups the ability to view your board. To learn more about how access permissions work with dashboards, take a look at this article.
3. When you’re confident in your choices, you can click the ADD BOARD button at the bottom right corner of your window to save your changes and add your new dashboard. These settings aren’t permanent – you can always go back and edit your dashboard’s name or access settings later. We’ll walk you through how to do that in the next section.
Editing a Dashboard
If you ever need to go back and change the name of a dashboard, or change who is able to view your dashboard, you can easily do so by opening your dashboard’s settings.
1. In your dashboard navigation bar, you’ll see an icon with THREE LINES at the top right corner. Clicking that icon will generate a picklist with a few options to refresh, edit or delete the dashboard. Click on the option to EDIT DASHBOARD.
2. You’ll now see a pop-up EDIT BOARD window nearly identical to the one you saw when you initially added your board. Here, you can once again type a name for your dashboard and select the groups you want to share it with. Once you’ve made your desired changes, go ahead and click the blue EDIT BOARD button at the bottom of your screen to save them.
Deleting a Dashboard
Let’s say you want to get rid of a dashboard entirely. Maybe it no longer serves your firm, or you need to clear up space to create an entirely new dashboard. Here’s how you can do that.
1. To delete a dashboard entirely, you need to first remove all the tiles from the board. Unless your dashboard is empty, you won’t be able to delete it. You can delete each tile by clicking the THREE DOTS in the upper right corner of the tile and then selecting DELETE TILE from the picklist that appears.
2. Once you’ve deleted all the tiles from your dashboard, go to the top right corner of your view and click the icon with THREE LINES. Another picklist will generate with a few options to choose from – click DELETE DASHBOARD.
3. You’ll see a pop-up box appear asking whether you’re sure you want to delete the dashboard. If you’re certain you want to delete it, click the button labeled DELETE BOARD. Remember, deleting a dashboard is a permanent action – you won’t be able to recover it once it’s been deleted.