If you want to add a detail field to a timesheet, but don’t see the detail field you need, it is possible to create your own custom fields to track specific types of data. Follow the steps below to add your own custom fields to any timesheet in BigTime.
1. Go to TIME/EXPENSES…TIMESHEET from your main navigation bar.
2. In your Timesheet window, click the GEAR icon in the top right corner of your screen. This will take you to your timesheet configuration settings.
3. On the right side of your screen, towards the bottom of your configuration settings, you’ll find a section where you can add DETAIL FIELDS to your timesheet. Under that section, click the ADD/EDIT CUSTOM FIELDS button.
4. This will expand your window to allow you to add a custom field. You’ll see a text box where you can type in the name of your new field. In this example, we’re creating a custom field called “Location”. You can create multiple new fields at once by clicking the button labeled ADD NEW FIELD.
5. Once you’re satisfied with your new custom field(s), click the blue SAVE FIELDS button.
Now, when you click the +ADD DETAIL FIELD hyperlink in your DETAIL FIELDS table, you’ll see your new custom field appear and can check off the box to add it to your timesheet.
To complete the process, click the UPDATE TIMESHEET FORMAT button in the top left corner of your screen.
Now, when you log time toward a project, you'll be able to add this new custom field to your timesheet.