Users (non-system administrator employees) can reset their passwords inside BigTime or outside of it at BigTime’s login screen. For both options, an email is sent to the user, prompting them to change their password.
However, sometimes it’s easier for a system admin to generate a temporary password on the user’s behalf—eliminating the email step. System admins can follow these steps:
1. Click MY COMPANY, at the top of the navigation bar, and click STAFF LIST. Here you’ll find your staff member list.
2. Select the staffer that requires a password reset. Doing so will open the staffer's profile.
3. Click the RESET PASSWORD link located directly above the status field.
4. A pop-up window will ask if you’re sure you want to reset the user’s password. Clicking RESET PASSWORD will disable the user’s current password and generate a new, temporary one.
5. A temporary password will be displayed on your screen. You’ll need to copy this password and provide it to your user. Then, the user will use this password the next time they log into BigTime. The user will be prompted to create a new password once they log in with the temporary one.
- I RESET MY USER'S PASSWORD, BUT THEY’RE STILL UNABLE TO LOG IN. WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?
This could be because the user’s email address is not correct in BigTime. Click here to learn about changing your email address in BigTime.
- HOW MANY TIMES CAN I RESET A PASSWORD?
There’s no limit to the number of times system administrators can reset a user’s password.
- CAN USERS RESET THEIR OWN PASSWORDS?
There are two ways a user can reset their own password:
First, they can reset their password within BigTime. Second, they can reset their password before logging into BigTime.
- CAN I USE A PREVIOUSLY-USED PERMANENT PASSWORD?
There are no restrictions for reusing passwords in BigTime.
- DOES THE TEMPORARY PASSWORD EXPIRE?
No. There’s no set time limit that a temporary password must be used by; however, it’s only valid for one log in.