Use the nine categories under Field Values to add more information about your projects, contacts, and team. You can also add company credit cards and grant staffers access to them, so they can create credit card expense entries in BigTime.
This article will explain how to access Field Values and describe its many categories. We’ll also provide links to detailed articles for each category discussed.
- Update the Project Dashboard. Add details that specify the project type—sales, R&D, or engineering, for example.
- Add company credit cards so staffers can create credit card expense entries in BigTime, and link the cards with QuickBooks.
- Add and customize values that are relevant to your firm. You can add and/or edit values for each category.
- Reorder and sort field values. Use the drag and drop functionality to reorder and sort fields.
Access Field Values
Follow these steps to get to Field Values:
1. Click MY COMPANY...FIELD VALUES.
2. Click FIELD VALUES, located on the middle of the gray navigation bar.
3. Select a category to add and/or edit values.
About Field Values
We’ll briefly describe what you can do with the five Field Value categories:
- Project Type: Add values, like consulting or advertising, in order to classify your projects on the Project Dashboard.
- Contact Type: Create values like “senior accountant” or “lead media contact” to add more information about your contacts.
- Team Role: Identify the different positions on your team, such as creative director or production assistant, with this category. Then, when you assign staffers to a project, you can identify their specific role.
- Staff Dept: Staffers are assigned to a Department. Then, a staffer can be granted management authority over a department or departments in their User Rights. You can also assign a default role for each staffer on their staff profile. Their default role will automatically populate when adding them to a project team.
- Credit Card: Enter your company credit cards, so staffers can log create credit card expenses entries in BigTime.
- Location: This field is used for the Credit Card Upload feature. If you’re uploading a credit card statement, then you can map to a Location field to specify where the expense was purchased. Location will also populate if manually entering in a credit card expense.
- Merchant: This field is also utilized for the Credit Card upload. If you’re uploading a credit card statement, then you can map to a Merchant field to specify the place where the expense was purchased. Merchant will also populate if manually entering in a credit card expense.