You can add projects and staffers in BigTime and sync with Intacct or vice versa. This article will show you how to add both a project and staffer in BigTime and sync them with Intacct.
Add a Project in Bigtime and Integrate It With Intacct
1. Click MY COMPANY...PROJECT LIST from your navigation bar.
2. Click ADD PROJECT.
3. Add the PROJECT INFORMATION and click ADD.
4. Add project details to the Project Dashboard for this new project.
5. Go to the DETAILS tab for your project and click the hyperlink YES, ADD IT NOW, found on the far-right side of your Dashboard, to add the project to Intacct.
Here are some important points to keep in mind:
- Cost Center 1 in BigTime is equivalent to Department in Intacct
- Cost Center 2 in BigTime is equivalent to Location in Intacct.
Note: You can change the lexicon in BigTime to reflect these field names (MY COMPANY...MY COMPANY...LEXICON).
- Class fields can only be managed in Intacct.
- Project type, Department, and Location come over to BigTime from Intacct. But you can still add fields in BigTime (via MY COMPANY...FIELD VALUES).
- Intacct has fields for PO Amount, PO Number, and SO Number. Those fields automatically create custom fields in BigTime.
ADD STAFFERS IN BIGTIME AND INTEGRATE THEM WITH INTACCT
You can also add staffers in BigTime and push them to Intacct or vice versa.
1. Click MY COMPANY...STAFF LIST.
2. Select a staffer from your list, and you’ll default into the Basic Info tab on the Staff Dashboard for that staffer.
3. Add staff details to the Staff Dashboard.
4. Click the hyperlink, YES, ADD IT NOW, to push your newly created staffer to Intacct.
Once the sync occurs, you’ll notice in BigTime that Department and Location have been added to the Staff Dashboard.
Cost Center 1 in BigTime is equivalent to Department in Intacct. Cost Center 2 in BigTime is equivalent to Location in Intacct. You can change the lexicon in BigTime to reflect these field names (MY COMPANY...MY COMPANY...LEXICON).
The integration will automatically create an Employee ID custom field. The ID in this field will come from Intacct.
Keep in mind that some fields will map to different names than you’re accustomed to in BigTime. Here are important field mappings to know about:
- Employee ID will create a custom field in BigTime and import that value
- Intacct Class is equivalent to Class in BigTime
- Employees Title is equivalent to Title in BigTime