Staff Member values describe the status of a staffer. By default, each staffer has two statuses to pick from: "terminated" or "active." Newly added staffers have an “active” status. You can also create your own status code like "paternity/maternity leave" or "sabbatical".
In this article, we’ll explain how to create a Staff Member value and where to use this field in BigTime.
How To Create a Status Member Value
1. Click MY COMPANY...FIELD VALUES.
2. A new window will open with four tabs at the top to choose from. Click the STATUS CODES tab, and then click STAFF MEMBER.
3. Click +ADD NEW VALUE to add another value to the picklist. To edit an existing value, just click on it and make your edits on the right-side of the window.
4. Add a new value and provide a description, if you wish.
Note: You can make a value inactive. When adding and editing Staff Member values, you’ll have the option of checking a box next to the phrase ITEMS ATTACHED TO THIS STATUS ARE INACTIVE.
If you check this box, then the staffer associated with the value won’t be able to access BigTime and will be removed from the Staff List. That said, it’s important to uncheck this box, or change the staffer’s status to a different, active value, when the staffer re-starts their BigTime use.
5. Click SAVE+NEW to save your work. Doing so will save your current value and allow you to add more values, if you wish.
The Staff Member values you create will be added to the STATUS picklist found on the Staff Dashboard. If you want a staffer to have a different status other than the default "active" status, then you’ll need to make the change on an individual basis. We’ll explain how to do that next.
Use Staff Member Values in Bigtime
Follow the steps below to add a Staff Member value to the Staff Dashboard.
1. Click MY COMPANY...STAFF LIST, and select a staffer listed on the left-side of your window. When you click on a name, you’ll be directed to their Staff Dashboard. You’ll see a section labeled STATUS near the top of the window.
2. Click on the arrow beside the Status box and a picklist with your Staff Member values will appear. It will look like this:
3. Make your selection. Then, save your work by clicking SAVE CHANGES near the bottom-right of your screen.
Note: Statuses are changed on an individual basis. So if five people are on sabbatical, then change the each person's status individually in their Staff Dashboard.
TIP: Easily Edit Staff Member Codes
If you want to make a change to your Staff Member value, you can follow the steps previously outlined in this article, or click the button at the bottom of the picklist labeled EDIT VALUES. Doing so will direct you to the STATUS CODES...STAFF MEMBER page to make changes.