You need to update your Sync Agent if you’re a QuickBooks Desktop user because on March 17, 2020, the digital certificate for the Sync Agent will expire.
This article will show you how to make the update.
NOTE: If you also use TaxLink, you’ll need to make a separate update.
Before installing the update, open QuickBooks in the “single user” mode and log in as the Admin. Then, follow the instructions below.
1. Click on the GEAR ICON on the Sync Agent, and select CHECK FOR UPDATES from the picklist that populates.
Alternatively, you can click on the COMPANY NAME, which will display a LINK. This link will direct you to the update.
2. Click EXIT AND INSTALL UPDATE.
3. Click SYNC NOW, after the update has been installed.
4. In QuickBooks, you will be prompted with a new certificate requesting access to your QuickBooks file.
Select this option: YES, ALWAYS; ALLOW ACCESS EVEN IF QUICKBOOKS IS NOT RUNNING.
5. Click CONTINUE at the bottom of this page.