With BigTime's QuickBooks integration feature, you can create invoices in QuickBooks and import them into BigTime. This way, you can maintain record-keeping consistency across both platforms. Note that, in order to import invoice history from QuickBooks into BigTime, you'll need to be set up as a financial administrator. Read this article to learn about setting up security groups with financial administrative privileges.
To import invoice history from QuickBooks to BigTime, follow the steps below.
1. Go to QUICKBOOKS…IMPORT DATA from your main toolbar.
2. In the IMPORT DATA screen, select IMPORT INVOICE HISTORY, and then click the blue NEXT STEP button to continue with your invoice data import.
3. Step two of your import will ask you to define what types of invoices you want to bring into BigTime. You can set date range filters for BigTime to pull from, and can also choose which project you want your imported invoices to be associated with. After setting the terms for your import in this screen, click NEXT STEP again.
4. Step three of your import will ask you to confirm your selections so you can finish importing your invoices. If it appears any of the details about your import need to be fixed, click the BACK button to return to the previous steps where you can correct any errors. Otherwise, you can click IMPORT to start importing those invoices from QuickBooks to BigTime.
If your invoice history import was successful, you’ll see a confirmation message on this screen. The invoices you imported from QuickBooks into BigTime will now appear in your invoice window alongside those you created in BigTime. These will be synced as manual invoices and won't be linked to project budget or staffer information. They will also be sorted according to their status. For instance, QuickBooks invoices that have already been sent will appear under the A/R AGING tile, and invoices that are still in progress will appear under the DRAFTS tile.
Sometimes, errors occur with the import that prevent it from processing. In that case, you’ll see an error message that says IMPORT FAILED.
There are several reasons why an invoice history import might fail. It could happen because:
- The invoice(s) you want to import already exist/have already been imported into BigTime
- The invoice(s) you want to import aren’t linked to any projects
- The invoice(s) in question were first created in BigTime and imported into QuickBooks
After checking whether any of these instances apply and resolving issues with your invoices, you can try importing them again. If you still have trouble importing invoice history, you can contact BigTime Support for more assistance.