Create common rate cards that can be shared among multiple projects. This will save you time because you’ll only update rates in one spot, instead of copying rates from project to project. This article will show you how to create and apply common rate cards.
You’ll create a Rate Card on your Project Dashboard for a specific project. Follow the steps below.
1. Click MY COMPANY...PROJECT LIST from your navigation menu.
2. Select a project from your Project List.
3. Click on the RATES tab near the top of your Project Dashboard.
4. Scroll to the COMMON BILLING RATES header. You'll see a field labeled SELECT COMMON RATES and a button labeled ADD/EDIT COMMON RATE CARDS. If you have previously created rate cards, you can find and add one of them by clicking the GRAY ARROW in the SELECT COMMON RATES field and choosing one from the picklist that generates.
Otherwise, click the ADD/EDIT COMMON RATE CARDS button. This will take you to a new rate card editing window.
5. In this new window, click the GRAY ARROW in the CURRENT SELECTION field, under the EXISTING COMMON RATE CARDS header. A picklist will generate, at the bottom of which is a hyperlink that reads +ADD COMMON RATE CARD. Click on this hyperlink.
6. You can now create your rate card. Enter the custom rates for any staffer, project role, and/or labor code. If you want to use this rate card with multiple currencies, you can also add those currencies here. Then, click SAVE CHANGES to save your changes.
NOTE: Remember that creating common rate cards is required if you plan to use BigTime's multi-currency features for your firm.
Apply a Rate Card
Apply the rate card you just created on your RATES tab on your Project Dashboard. Navigate to the COMMON BILLING RATES section, click the GRAY ARROW within the SELECT COMMON RATES field, and choose the rate card you just created from the picklist.
NOTE: This rate card will appear in the picklist for all of your other projects.
Click SAVE CHANGES to save your work.